Pages

Friday 15 March 2013

AHRC Chief to Star in Game of Thrones. Possibly

Whilst Fundermentals has at its heart a Reithian public service remit, we know that it's readership is less high minded. Especially on Fridays.

Well who am I to stand in the way of pubic demand? Ladies and gentlemen I bring you, courtesy of my estimable colleague Brian Lingley, a lookalike! I feel humbled in the presence of such genius.

Here we have AHRC supremo Prof Rick Rylance and Game of Thrones actor Clive Russell. The likeness is uncanny. Moreover, although I've never watched it, the ever-reliable Wikipedia tells me that the first series of Game of Thrones 'follows the members of several noble houses in a civil war for the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms.'  The fact that there are seven Research Councils is surely just a coincidence, and that there's no vying amongst the Council CEOs for the ultimate power of the RCUK Chair. One ring to rule them all! Or am I getting my grim, bloody mythological fantasies mixed up?

Bread and circuses, people, bread and circuses...

Russell
Rylance



No comments:

Post a Comment