Pages

Monday 9 August 2010

Back from Holiday...Am I Still Dreaming?

After two weeks away from my desk, I'm beginning to plough through my emails and try to get to grips with my job again. One of the stranger items in my inbox was this, from the President of the British Academy. Sir Adam Roberts (for it is he) will be cycling from Lands End to John o'Groats to raise money for the Academy.
Now I'm as keen a cyclist as anyone, and any excuse for pedal...but times must be pretty tough if the BA is sending out its President to wheeze around the country drumming up funds. And £2k will only go so far: it's less than a third of one BA Small Grant.
But I appreciate the gesture: if nothing else it highlights the difficult times ahead for research funding in the UK. So give generously via Sir Adam's Just Giving page; you never know, your donation could come back to you as part of your next grant...

No comments:

Post a Comment