- Increased funding to meet the EU2020 goals, particularly for the ERC. In fact, the LERU liked the ERC generally, saying the peer review of other areas should take a leaf out of the ERC's book, and that auditing should be simplified and eligibility widened to encourage more participation;
- Similarly, it liked the Marie Curie actions, thought they should be supported, and considered recent moves to shift them from DG Research to DG Education as a wrong step;
- Responsive-mode funding should be increased, and that there should be more transparency in the selection of topics for managed programmes;
- Liked the Joint Programming Initiatives in theory, but thought they lacked transparency;
- Approved the moves by the EC to simplify the process and procedures around the Framework Programme.
Thursday, 10 June 2010
LERU : Position Paper on FP8
The League of European Research Universities (LERU) has issued a position paper on FP8. Amongst its recommendations are: