Pages

Tuesday 20 October 2009

RCUK: Strategy Fatigue?

RCUK have launched their new 'Framework', which emphasises the unity of their vision (building on their 'Excellence with Impact' document, their Delivery Plan and the various Council Strategic Plans). The three areas the Framework is built around are:
  • Productive Economy
  • Healthy Society
  • Sustainable World
I don't know about you, but I am feeling a certain 'strategy fatigue'. I appreciate that we need an indication of what the funders are thinking, of where their future priorities lie, but having read through the ESRC's Delivery Plan and Strategic Plan, together with all of the above RCUK publications, I get a sense of a little too much time and effort going into overarching objectives, and not enough into finding a way of just funding the best projects without prejudice.

As to the logo, is it just me or does it remind you of a biohazard too?

No comments:

Post a Comment